Scenario: Find a market or social research questionnaire for an Australian or well-known international company.
You can use one from a magazine, find one online, or use one sent to you by a company, council or government
agency. It doesn’t matter what you choose as long as:
• It is not too long: between 9 and 15 questions is ideal (to keep your assignment manageable)
• A copy is submitted with your assignment. Upload it as an appendix in your assignment. It is not included in
the word count.
• It is not the Census survey (too difficult to analyse). Other government surveys are fine to use.
• It is targeted at individuals rather than a group.
If you are unsure about whether a survey is suitable, ask your tutor.
Task: For the questionnaire you have chosen, answer the following questions:
1. What research objective(s) do you think the questionnaire is trying to meet?
2. What company or type of company might have commissioned this research? Why do you think they have done so
(what management issues might they be facing) and how might they use the information collected? Use the knowledge
you have about marketing from other courses as well as this one in your discussion (what marketing matrix the
questionnaire is focusing? (eg, average purchase frequency, penetration etc??).
3. Who do you think are the target respondents and why do you think they have been chosen? This information may
be included in the questionnaire introduction or you may need to work it out. You do not need to contact the
company undertaking the research.
4. Will the questionnaire gain the information needed to meet the research objectives and management issues? We
are interested in your opinion, based on what you have learnt so far. Be critical and say clearly why you think
the information needed will or won’t be gained. Suggest any improvements you think should be made in terms of
broad questionnaire content.
Be sure to use the questions that are in the questionnaire and your prior knowledge from Marketing Principles and
other marketing courses you may have done to justify your answers.
Marking Criteria for Assignment 1 and Weighting
Ability to apply answer to the questionnaire (15%)
Understanding of the role of an external market research provider and the questions they can answer (10%)
Discussion of the research objectives (20%)
Discussion of management issues and use of information (20%)
Discussion of target respondents (10%)
Discussion of ability of questionnaire to meet objectives and suggested improvements (20%)
Presentation [structure, spell checked etc]; clarity, correct referencing [if used] 5%
Place an order of a custom essay for this assignment with us now. You are guaranteed; a custom premium paper being delivered within its deadline, personalized customer support and communication with your writer through out the order preparation period.