Why doesn’t the United States have a unified system of criminal justice instead of a fragmented, patchwork system of competing and overlapping organizations? (Federal Courts, State Courts, and Federal, as well as State law enforcement agencies) In your essay include a discussion of the evolution of the American justice system, as well as the role that the public and politics plays in keeping the system from becoming unified. Additionally, using peer reviewed articles identify and discuss at least two law enforcement, corrections or court issues that differ between states and suggest ways to improve the process, i.e. sex offenders, electronic monitoring, mandatory, sentencing, etc.
PURPOSE: Note that references used for your essay need to be peer-reviewed/scholarly journals. These journals typically have the following characteristics:
1. Articles are reviewed by a panel of experts before they are accepted for publication
2. Articles are written by a scholar or specialist in the field
3. Articles report on original research or experimentation
4. Are often published by professional associations
5. Utilize terminology associated with the discipline
Place an order of a custom essay for this assignment with us now. You are guaranteed; a custom premium paper being delivered within its deadline, personalized customer support and communication with your writer through out the order preparation period.