Functional requirement B1 of the Building Regulations deals with Means of Warning and Escape. Write an individual report of approximately 3,500 words critically assessing the functional requirement and how building designs can meet the requirement using standard guidance and codes.
The report should critically analyse and discuss the functional requirement B1 of the Building Regulations and review the standard UK prescriptive and performance based design guidance (ADB, BS999, BS7974). Example calculations should be used to demonstrate key points .
The report should address as a minimum:
• Fire alarm and detection systems
• Building occupancy, purpose groups
• Horizontal and vertical escape route design principles including:
o Travel distances & Exit widths
o Stair provisions
This piece of assessment carries 40% of the weighting for this module. You must pass this element of assessment with 40% or above.
The assignment will be assessed against learning outcomes 1-3 as detailed below.
On successful completion of this module a student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving.
2. Exhibit creativity and innovation in technical design.
3. Critically review and analyse client and user requirements, technical briefs and apply significant knowledge to design scenarios, including relevant technological, engineering, legal, health and safety and development factors.
Place an order of a custom essay for this assignment with us now. You are guaranteed; a custom premium paper being delivered within its deadline, personalized customer support and communication with your writer through out the order preparation period.