Scenario: The Maycomb Tribune is celebrating the 55th anniversary of To Kill a Mockingbird. The editor is running a persuasive writing competition and the best responses to the topics listed below will be published in the anniversary edition of the newspaper.
– Choose ONE of the topics listed
– Write to convince the reader of your opinions
– Base your response on characters, events and issues explored through the novel.
1. The Trial of Tom Robinson: A Victory or a Defeat
2.Prejudice robs us of our human dignity
– Take time to plan your response
– Have a clear purpose, position or opinion
– Include appropriate evidence from the novel for your points
– Review your work for accuracy, word choice,sentence structure and use of persuasive devices
You will be assessed on your ability to:
* Understand the key ideas explored in To Kill a Mockingbird
* Use techniques of persuasion to present a convincing argument
* Express ideas clearly in a well-structured response
Marking Criteria – Extended Response- To Kill a Mockingbird
– Shows perceptive understanding of the issues within the context of the novel
– Skillfully uses techniques of persuasion
– Writes a sophisticated and sustained response using appropriate spelling, punctuation and grammar.
Hi Writer, I like you to do Topic 1 – The Trial of Tom Robinson: A Victory
Place an order of a custom essay for this assignment with us now. You are guaranteed; a custom premium paper being delivered within its deadline, personalized customer support and communication with your writer through out the order preparation period.