1. Know all about CHF, etiologies, signs/symptoms, nursing assessment, nursing interventions, meds to treat, patient teaching
2. Review all about PE, etiologies, signs/symptoms, nursing interventions, meds to treat, patient teaching
3. Know right sided vs. left sided heart failure, signs/symptoms, nursing assessment, nursing interventions, meds to treat and patient/family teaching, cor pulmonale?
4. Review Ventricular Fibrillation, Ventricular Tachycardias, Asystole, PEA and the AVB’s, etiologies, what do these rhythms look like?…..know treatments cardioversion, defibrillation, meds to treat
5. What are the indications for pacing a patient, what are the different methods of pacing, nursing considerations?
6. Know safety issues related to cardioversion, defibrillation pacing and care of AICD
7. What is the difference between cardioversion and defibrillation, indications?
8. Med math questions know ratio & proportion, IV calculations mg/min, cc/hr, gtts/min
9. What is the purpose of performing a 12 lead EKG? What does it show?
10. Know the different lead site as related to areas of the heart ie. Inferior MI: II, II, avf
11. Review Unstable angina, AMI, pathophysiology of CAD, signs/symptoms, nursing assessment, nursing interventions, meds to treat, patient teaching
12. Cardiac Enzymes review them, know when they peak and what they are indicative of, what are the most reliable tests now, know CRProtein, BNP
13. Review everything on trauma head, chest etc….etiologies, pathophysiology, signs/symptoms, nursing assessment (think presence and absence of breath sounds), nursing interventions, meds to treat/treatment modalities and patient/family teaching
14. What does a chest tube do? What is the purpose?
15. What are the 3 Big do not miss diagnoses?
16. What are the two diagnoses that are increasing mortality in hospitalized patients?
17. Know what I discussed regarding ventilators, purpose, trouble shooting, modes
18. Review ABG interpretation, ie. Resp alk, resp acid, metb alk, metb acid
19. Know the indications for ETT intubation, how do you assess placement of an ETT? Know DOPE (what is it and what is it for?)
20. Review cardiac diagnostic tests what are they indicated for? What are they evaluating ie. Echo, heart cath, hot & cold scans, patient post procedural care
21. Know patient teaching and preparation for a patient undergoing a Cardiac Cath
22. Post procedural care of the patient after a Cardiac Cath
23. Review Lytic therapy (ie. TNK, TPA, Streptokinase) what are the indications? Risks? How is it given?
24. Review renal Failure, Pre through Post, what are the etiologies signs, symptoms, diet restrictions
25. Know Dialysis, the different kinds, things to what for, risk etc…disequilibrium syndrome?
26. Know nursing care of the patient who has undergone Lytic therapy recently (Hint, risk of bleeding)
27. Review Meds: Epi, Lido, Atropine, Amiodarone, Vasopressin, Procainmide, B Blockers, CA Channel Blockers, Ace inhibitors, Vasopressors, Hepatic meds, Renal meds, Trauma meds, etc..know the indications for each drug and major side effects
28. Know the Burns, degrees, care, formula for resuscitation, Parkland (know how to calculate a fluid resuscitation for the 24 hours for this one), Rules of nines, Palm method, Lund and Browder (don’t memorize rule of nines but know the big differences I pointed out, which one is most accuarate)
29. Know DKA vs. HHNC vs. Hypoglycemia, etiologies, signs/symptoms, nursing assessments, nursing interventions, meds to treat, patient teaching
30. Know all the shock pathophysiology, signs and symptoms, management, the % for classes of hypovolemia
31. Review GI bleeding, pancreatitis, cholecystitis, etiologies, signs/symptoms, nursing assessment, nursing interventions, med to treat, meds to contraindicated, patient teaching
32. Know Hepatic filure, Hapatitis, etiologies, signs/symptoms, nursing assessment, nursing interventions, med to treat, patient teaching
33. What is Hepatic Encephalopathy? Signs/symptoms, treatment, nursing implications
34. Know SDH vs. EDH, etiologies, signs/symptoms, nursing assessment, nursing interventions, meds to treat, patient teaching
35. Know the Glasgow Coma Scale, difference between adults & peds scales
36. Review Spinal Cord Trauma, etiologies, signs/symptoms, nursing assessment, nursing interventions, meds to treat, patient teaching
37. Poisoning and Overdose, Bioterrorism, based for my lecture notes
38. Organ transplantation, med for rejection, signs and symptoms of rejection, wound complications
39. Know Cushing’s Triad, ICP, management, meds
40. What is the Steriod protocol for Spinal Cord Injury, how long, why etc…..nursing implications
41. What is Sepsis and Multisystem Organ Failure (MODS), pathophysiology, meds to treat, outcome etc..
42. Review HTN classes, meds, diet, exercise, nursing interventions, patient education
43. The Trauma Lecture concepts
44. Know what a AAA is, signs/symptoms, treatment, aspects of management, nursing implications
45. What is Beck’s Triad? Cushing’s Triad? Triad of Death?
46. Know compartment syndrome, signs/symptoms, meds to treat, overall management
47. Know everything about ARDS, pathophysiology, meds to treat, outcome etc
48. Review Ventilator modes, assessment of high pressure, low pressure alarms
49. Know DIC and Rhabdo
50. Organ Donation concepts for lecture Org Donation ppt
Pointers for successful test taking:
Read all the assigned chapters and articles make notes, post it, note cards, recordings. Review all the lecturers’ notes/ppt slides
Consider studying in groups, review the study guide after everyone has completed it, do the study guide questions by yourself first, then review it together, if you split it up you may lose some of important stuff
Do not cram the night before (you will not retain the material in your long term memory and you will lose it before the NCLEX)
Do not stay up all night studying (you do need some time to sleep)
Eat a high protein meal, with balanced sugars, balanced carbs (no red bull and a candy bar)
Contact Diamond Essays if you have further questions, we are here to help you to be successful, remember we need great nurses to work at our hospitals! (Added information not like in the PDF)
Place an order of a custom essay for this assignment with us now. You are guaranteed; a custom premium paper being delivered within its deadline, personalized customer support and communication with your writer through out the order preparation period.