A prcis (summary) of one of three articles available on the course web site This prcis must follow all of the conventions of an academic summary as detailed in the relevant Learning Guide and as discussed in class.
Writing an effective prcis requires two key skills:
A keen eye for important details the ability to distinguish padding from substance an economical use of language there is no need nor space for unnecessarily descriptive prose
Here are some points to keep in mind when writing a prcis:
1. Imagine that you are writing for someone who has no time to read the original text, but needs to know in clear, concise and accurate terms what it is about.
2. Read the original text thoroughly and make sure that you are aware of its main idea or theme.
3. Be aware how the parts of the original text are connected to make meaning.
4. Select the major facts and ideas presented in the original.
5. Choose some important details that the author uses to support the major facts and ideas.
6. Write a summary in smooth-flowing prose that incorporates what you have Course Information: 07118 6 Semester 201201
7. chosen in points 4 and 5, making sure that you retain the emphasis of the original text.
Place an order of a custom essay for this assignment with us now. You are guaranteed; a custom premium paper being delivered within its deadline, personalized customer support and communication with your writer through out the order preparation period.