You will prepare a What NOT to Do When Testifying list. Notes of what a professional law enforcement officer (PLEO) should NOT do when testifying, or preparing to testify, in a criminal case and why. Your list should contain a minimum of 21 items that a PLEO should not do.
The first item on your list will be that the PLEO should NEVER commit perjury while testifying. Perjury is knowingly telling a lie under oath about something that is important to the case.
Directions: You will prepare a document with the title: What NOT to Do When Testifying. Look for 20 more actions/behaviors that should be avoided Item # 1 has been provided for you. After each item, provide a brief statement giving the rational for the item. Use a format similar to that below.
What NOT to Do When Testifying
1. You should NEVER commit perjury while testifying. Perjury is knowingly telling a lie under oath about something that is important to the case.
a. If a PLEO commits perjury while testifying, the officer may lose his/her job, the officer may face imprisonment and a fine, the defendant may be acquitted, and it reflects negatively on the professionalism and integrity of law enforcement.
2. Continue with the next item.
Use the following checklist to ensure that you have addressed all of the requirements for this activity.
1. The list contains 21 items.
2. Each item is followed by a brief statement giving the rational for the item.
3. Your document follows the format provided in the example above.
4. Your document is reflective of the written communication skills required of a college student in that it is accurate, concise, and professional in appearance with proper spelling and grammar.
5. NOTE: APA formatting is not required, nor is there a requirement for a minimum/maximum word count. The goal is to create an understandable, easy-to-follow list of behaviors and actions to avoid while testifying so that your image and your organization?s image of professionalism and integrity of law enforcement is maintained.
Place an order of a custom essay for this assignment with us now. You are guaranteed; a custom premium paper being delivered within its deadline, personalized customer support and communication with your writer through out the order preparation period.